PRODUCT DISCLOSURE SHEET
(Please read this Product Disclosure Sheet before you decide to take up the Public Liability Insurance. Be sure to also read the general terms and conditions.)
What is this product about ?
This policy covers your legal liability to third party as a result of an accident caused by or through your negligence or negligence of your employees or any defects in the premises owned occurring during the period of cover in connection with your business operations and happening within the territorial limits.
What are the covers / benefits provided ?
This policy covers :
All sums which you will become legally liable to pay for compensation in respect of:
• Accidental bodily injury
• Accidental property damage
All costs and expenses of litigation
• Recovered by any claimant against you
• Incurred with our written consent
With the payment of additional premium, the cover of this policy may be extended to cover liability arising from:-
• Flood, fumes and pollution caused by accidental means
• Defective sanitary installation
• Passenger lifts escalators owned or maintained by the Insured
• Employees’ sports and social clubs
• Temporary visits overseas
• Work away risks
• Advertising signs/neon signs owned or maintained by the Insured
• First aid facilities
• Loading and unloading
• Private work for directors or executive
• Indemnity to directors and executives
How much premium do I have to pay?
The premium that you have to pay may vary depending on your business/occupation, limit of liability and our underwriting requirements.
The minimum premium per policy is USD52.50.
What is the payment mode and how do I pay the premium?
This is an annual policy and you may pay your premium either by cash, or cheque.
What are some of the key terms and conditions that I should be aware of ?
Duty of disclosure
- You must give all the facts which you know or ought to know.
- You must ensure that the proposal form is completed accurately as it forms the basis of the insurance contract.
Limit of Liability
The Limit of Indemnity that you have to decide based on your liability exposure in relation to your business operations. The Limit of Indemnity can be arranged on :
- limit any one accident; and
- limit any one period.
You must notify us in writing with full details as soon as possible. Early notification is required to avoid any prejudice to your claim. You should not admit, offer, promise or pay the third party claimant without our written consent.
This is the amount you have bear before we indemnify you of a loss.
Premium must be paid and received by us within 30 days from the inception date of the cover, otherwise the cover is automatically cancelled and you will still be responsible to pay the proportion of premium for the period we have been on risk.
You must exercise reasonable care and safety precautions to prevent accidents.
What are the major exclusions under this policy?
This policy does not cover:
• any claim arising under any Workmen’s Compensation Law
• liability assumed by agreement
• liability in respect of loss or damage to your own property or property under your custody, care and control
• error or omission in design specification or advice or other treatment given administered or prepared
• War, Civil War and any act of Terrorism
• Radioactive and nuclear energy risks
Note: This list is not exhaustive. Please refer to the policy contract for the full list of terms and conditions under this policy.
What are the pre-acceptance conditions for this product?
• No claims for the past 3 years.
• Insured has never been declined, cancelled or refused coverage previously.
Can I cancel my policy?
You may cancel the policy at any time by giving written notice to us. Upon cancellation, you are entitled to a refund of the premium based on the unexpired period of insurance less 10% administration charge.
Where can I obtain further information?
If you have any enquiries, please contact us at:
Dara Insurance Plc
Canadia Tower, 3rd Floor
No. 315, Corner of Ang Duong St.and Preah Monivong Blvd.,
Sangkat Wat Phnom, Khan Daun Penh, Phnom Penh, Cambodia.
Tel : 023 901353
E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
Website : www.darainsurance.com.kh