PRODUCT DISCLOSURE SHEET
(Please read this Product Disclosure Sheet before you decide to take up the Fidelity Guarantee Insurance. Be sure to also read the general terms and conditions.)
What is this product about ?
This policy is designed to indemnify you against loss as a result of dishonesty of persons holding position or trust in your organisation.
What are the covers / benefits provided ?
This policy covers direct pecuniary loss as you shall sustained by any act of fraud or dishonesty committed by any of your insured employee in connection with his/her employment and duties:-
- during the Period of Insurance
- during his/her uninterrupted continuance employment
- discovered during the Period of Insurance or within 6 months thereafter or within 6 months after his/her death, dismissal or retirement,
- whichever shall occur first.
- With the payment of additional premium, the policy may be extended to cover Auditors’ and Accountants’ Fees incurred in preparing detailed statement of loss and satisfactory proof of pecuniary loss sustained by you.
How much premium do I have to pay?
The premium you have to pay may vary depending on nature of your business, the amount of guarantee, the number and category of employees insured, and our underwriting requirements.
The minimum premium per policy is USD52.50.
What is the payment mode and how do I pay the premium?
This is an annual policy and you may pay your premium either by cash, or cheque.
What are some of the key terms and conditions that I should be aware of ?
Duty of disclosure
- You must give all the facts which you know or ought to know.
- You must ensure that the proposal form is completed accurately as it forms the basis of the insurance contract.
• Amount of Guarantee
You must ensure that the Amount of Guarantee is insured at an appropriate amount. The Amount of Guarantee is applicable for any one claim and in the aggregate during the period of insurance.
If the policy be continued in force for more than one period of insurance, our liability in respect of any one claim shall not be accumulated or increased thereby and our aggregate liability during any number of periods of insurance and for any number of losses forming the basis of any one claim whether under this policy or any similar policy in substitution for or substituted by this policy shall not exceed the Amount of Guarantee under the current policy.
Basis of insurance- You may choose to insure on the following basis:-
a. Named basis – You will have to give the name and occupation of the employee you like to insure.
b. Unnamed basis – You will have to provide the number and category of employee you like to insure.
Upon the happening of an incident which gives rise to a claim, you must :-
a) report the incident to the Police immediately and render all reasonable assistance in causing the discovery and punishment of any guilty person.
b) notify us in writing with full details as soon as possible. You must submit your claim with all the supporting information and documents to us and give full cooperation to the adjusters/investigators appointed by us in assessing your claim.
This is the amount you have bear before we indemnify you of a loss.
• Premium Warranty
Premium must be paid and received by us within 30 days from the inception date of the cover. otherwise, the cover is automatically cancelled and you will still be responsible to pay the proportion of premium for the period we have been on risk.
• Cessation of Cover
This policy shall cease if your company be wound up or carried on by a Liquidator or Receiver or permanently discontinued.
What are the major exclusions under this policy?
This insurance does not cover certain losses, such as:-
- any act of fraud or dishonesty not committed by the insured employee during the period of insurance or not discovered during the period of insurance/the discovery period or not discovered within 6 months after death, dismissal or retirement of such employee.
- more than one claim under the policy in respect of each employee.
- any act of terrorism.
Note: This list is not exhaustive. Please refer to the policy contract for the full list of terms and conditions under this policy.
What are the pre-acceptance conditions for this product?
• No claims for the past 3 years.
• Insured has never been declined, cancelled or refused coverage previously.
Can I cancel my policy?
You may cancel the policy at any time by giving written notice to us. Upon cancellation, you are entitled to a refund of the premium based on the unexpired period of insurance less 10% administration charge.
Where can I obtain further information?
If you have any enquiries, please contact us at:
Dara Insurance Plc
Canadia Tower, 3rd Floor
No. 315, Corner of Ang Duong St.and Preah Monivong Blvd.,
Sangkat Wat Phnom, Khan Daun Penh, Phnom Penh, Cambodia.
Tel : 023 901353
E-mail : email@example.com